Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Deco Label Concertina Card (feat. Backyard Basics)

I saw a card similar to this by Belinda Neil, and had to make one for this month's Big Shot Class!


The Hardwood Background stamp from the Occasions Catalogue just might be my favourite (and is definitely well used--I think I've used it in every class since January!) and with some post-it notes, I was able to stamp the whole card base with it... this is Smoky Slate card stock stamped with Smoky Slate ink. You could use any Framelits that nest inside each other for this type of card, and I decided to use the Deco Labels. To get these half cuts, the key is Cutting Plate placement. You centre the Framelit over your score line. You have your Cutting Plate as the bottom layer (just like normal), but you place the top Cutting Plate on one side of the score line so it only cuts half of the Framelit shape. Repeat with every other score line, using the smaller Framelits as you go.

We'll be making this card in my Big Shot Class this weekend, and there's still time to sign up!

No comments: