Friday, March 28, 2014

March Paper Pumpkin Bonus Cards

I think this might be my favourite Paper Pumpkin kit yet! I love the pattern on the card bases, I love how easy it was to line up the patterned Photopolymer stamps, and I loved the touch of glitter and shine (the gold envelope liners were a fun bonus and it was easy to cut a bit off the bottom to use on the cards). And the wood sentiments!!! So fun! So, here's what I came up with, using the supplies from this kit, a few things from the first kit everyone gets (I used the Hey There, Friend stamp and Basic Gray ink spot), and a few extra bits and pieces I send out to everyone who gets their Paper Pumpkin kit from me (these went out in the mail today... e-mail instructions are almost done).

These are the cards Stampin' Up! designed with the kit:
 I punched the gold 2 1/2" circle from one of the gold envelope liners:
 more gold strips from the envelope liners, and I used both of the stamps and ink spots to add colour and pattern to the base:
 I added a Scallop Top Tag, and stamped all over with one of the stamps in the kit:
 This one uses the sentiment and ink from the first kit everyone gets, and a few strips of co-ordinating card stock, plus a little bit of Baker's Twine.
I folded the front (printed) side of the card base at 2 1/8" so it would fold back to make this Z-fold card. I used both stamps and inks (I love how easy it was to line up the chevron pattern on the Calypso Coral oval I added):
For this one, I cut a strip from the card front to add to a Crumb Cake card base. I added a torn strip of card stock and some gold banners cut from the envelope liner. I also cut the wood sentiment word apart to get a different look:
This one uses the rest of the printed card front (left from the card above) and I added an embossed piece of Island Indigo card stock as well as a Naturals White card base. The wood sentiment is layered over a strip of gold cut from the envelope liner:

I hope you like what I did with the kit this month! Don't forget that if you sign up by March 31st, you'll get a pack of 2012/14 In Color Markers ($19.95 value) for free! And if you sign up through me, you'll get the supplies and instructions to make bonus cards every month!

No comments: