Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Regarding Dahlias Emboss Resist


I think Regarding Dahlias is my favourite stamp set right now... I have to stop myself from using it in every class I'm prepping for and I'm not always successful... it just sneaks in! We made this card in my July Stepped Up Cards class, and I love the way it turned out. I really like this colour combo (Pear Pizzazz, Soft Sky, Smoky Slate).
  1. I stamped the Dictionary background stamp with Soft Sky ink on Whisper White card stock and let it dry. I also rubbed it with the Embossing Buddy.
  2. I stamped the dahlia stamp from Regarding Dahlias with VersaMark ink and covered it with White Stampin' Emboss powder. Tap off the excess and heat with the Heat Tool.
  3. I masked (covered up) the Dahlia with post it notes, then stamped the leaves (from Summer Silhouettes) with Pear Pizzazz ink. 
  4. I removed the mask and coloured in the striped areas of the embossed dahlia with a Soft Sky Stampin' Write Marker.
  5. I sponged over the whole flower with Pear Pizzazz ink. I also sponged around the edges of the card stock with Pear Pizzazz.
  6. I embossed a strip of Pear Pizzazz card stock with the Delicate Designs embossing folder and added a few Basic Pearls to embellish. 
  7. I punched a piece of Smoky Slate card stock with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch and put that behind the Pear Pizzazz card stock.
  8. I stamped the sentiment and punched it with the circle punch, then layered that with the Artisan Label.
  9. All that was left was to attach the Whisper White card stock to a card base!
I'll be back tomorrow with a card from this month's Stepped Up Cards Class...

No comments: