Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Acetate & StazOn Butterfly Card

This is a card from my August Stepped Up Cards Class, and it might be my favourite this month. While I was making it however, I wasn't happy with my prototype and couldn't come up with something that featured the stamped acetate (White StazOn stamped butterflies from Papaya Collage, Backyard Basics and Papillion Potpourri) yet didn't look too plain. I added the black glittered butterfly (thanks to my Heat & Stick powder and new black glitter from the Holiday Catalogue) and the Modern Medley patterned paper. It still needed something (I was thinking a black ribbon around the top--but I didn't have any) so I added the thin strips of Basic Black card stock, and the sentiment (embossed with White Stampin' Emboss Powder) from the Label Love stamp set. I love the way the card turned out, and I'm so happy I kept trying. Thanks to Pauline who gave me a few ideas to help me figure this card out!


I love butterflies, so Papillion Potpourri was a must have when I saw it in last year's catalogue. I love that we also have the co-ordinating punches for both sizes of butterflies. If you don't have the stamp set and Bitty Butterfly punch yet, now is the time! Until September 30th, you'll save 15% when you buy the Butterfly Bundle (#135311 - $33.92 for Clear Mount and #135312 - $38.17 for Wood Mount). If you look back at the last couple cards I've posted, you can see the stamp set and punch in use!

No comments: