Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Standing Z-Fold Baby Card

I created this card for a private class (they requested a baby card) and it features Watercoloring with Watercolor Crayons, the Vine Street Embossing folder and a Standing Z-fold Fancy Fold card.
 

The card base is a standard Z-fold (4 1/4" x 11", score @ 2 3/4" and 5 1/2"), but the oval panels get propped under a Petite Curly Label punch (under the ribbon at the top) so it stands up. I love the Distressing Tool on the Watercolor paper... well, all paper actually. I embossed the Two by Two stamped image with Black Stampin' Emboss powder (it helps me keep the colours separate when I watercolor) on Watercolor paper, then used a Blender Pen to colour the image with Watercolor Crayons. I've been waiting for Oval Framelits, and am so happy they're in the Spring Catalogue!

I used this same layout (different papers and colours) for a card in my Stepped Up Cards class last month that features the Chalkboard technique, so I'll be sharing that soon!

Stamps: Two by Two
Inks: VersaMark, Watercolor Crayons
Card stock: So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Watercolor paper, Crumb Cake
Big Shot: Ovals Framelits, Vine Street Textured Impressions Folder (SAB)
Other: Black Stampin' Emboss powder, Tea for Two patterned paper, Daffodil Delight Seam Binding, Petite Curly Label punch

No comments: