Thursday, April 12, 2012

Flower Garden Embossed Strips

This is one of the cards we're making in my Simple Cards Class this weekend (still time to register)...


I saw a card created by Linda Cullen on Pinterest (she also CASE'd it from a card on Pinterest) and had to create my own version... I might try it again with thinner strips of card stock. Just glue your card stock strips onto the card base, then run it through the Big Shot in the Flower Garden Textured Impressions Folder. Easy, peasy! I wanted to feature the departing 2011/12 In Colours (get them while you can... they will be gone May 31st--or sooner if supplies are depleted). I really like the way the smallest Label Framelit frames the XL Oval punch with the sentiment. I sueded the flower (Boho Blossoms Punch) by crumpling it up, then peeling apart the cardstock to make two flowers. The In Colour Glimmer Brad adds the perfect amount of sparkle.

Stamps: Bring on the Cake
Inks: Concord Crush
Card stock: Naturals white, Concord Crush, Pear Pizzazz, Peach Parfait, Blushing Bride
Other: In Colour Glimmer Brad, Flower Garden TIF, XL Oval punch, Labels Framelit, Boho Blossom punch

No comments: