Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Halloween? Out on a Limb Three Ways

When I went through the Holiday Mini the first time, I fell in love with the Out on a Limb stamp set... but I don't really do a lot of Halloween cards. So, I had to justify to myself that I'd be able to use it for more than just Halloween cards. Here's the stamp set, so you know what I'm talking about:
 Cute, right? So this is the first card I tried...
and obviously, I decided it was spooky because I ended up making it a Halloween card! But, I changed the colours a bit (and the card base too) and came up with this one: 

I think I did a better job creating the 'forest' with the branch on this one, and the colours make it a very nice, non-spooky card. Then I saw a card very similar to the one I created below, and had to copy it.

I love the colours, the embossed sections of the card (enhanced a little with lines scored with the Simply Scored tool) and the flowers on the branch! So, I think I accomplished my mission! Which is your favourite?

1 comment:

Totallyawake4-life said...

Gorgeous Liz ... you sure have a way of increasing peoples wishlists ;)